Sunday, January 18, 2009
Week#4 RSS feeds, Bloglines
I ended up setting up an account on google reader and began looking for RSS feeds that I would like to subscribe to. So far I have found some useful things but nothing I would like to hear again and again. I have found useful podcasts on iTunes and have kept several. My favorite is Joyce Valenza and Ken Rodoff : Information Fluency Meets Web 2.0. I have listened to this one several times because it has so many useful things in it. I guess looking back at the time stamp it is relatively old since I first listened to it in July of 07. But I still think it applies. There are a couple of other podcasts I found at Conference Connections brought to you by Apple learning. There are a few on digital storytelling. www.digitales.us Bernajean Porter's website. I am going to subscribe to the Cool Tools for Library 2.0 since that seems to have short explanations of various tools for photo editing among other things. I have previously subscribed to other podcasts but if I don't get back to my iTunes to monitor these they seemed to add up geometrically so I ended up unsubscribing and just looking for them as I needed them. On iTunes there were a lot of interesting podcasts such as Iste's Podcast, Teach with Video, Technology Enhanced Classroom, etc. I actually liked the Screencasts better than the podcasts which can get boring if the person creating puts in a lot of beginning info before getting to the crux of the information. I also found Tech Chicks. So it was a productive Web 2.0 day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment