Sunday, January 18, 2009
Week #5 Things 10,11,12
Okay, so I might have gotten carried away when playing with the FD Toys and creating the Warholizer image. But it was fun. It took me a while to find a picture that would work. The other times I tried it I could not recognize myself. As far as the Web 2.0 winners, I am already a member and fan of Del.icio.us. I used it more when I worked in a high school but may eventually find that I use it on a much more regular basis in my new position. We will see. I also am a fan of Library Thing which got an honorable mention. I belong to it but use it more to get suggestions and read what other people think than for posting my own books. I use Shelfari at the moment for that. I also like that Shelfari sends me emails when one of my friends adds something to their shelves. It reminds me to go and look at when they are looking at. I set up a Rollyo for explorers and plan to compare it to the targeted searches that my colleagues use on Google. I can see that it would be useful for me to search on Rollyo and then put the specific websites that I want my students to have access to in an e-notes so that I know they won't see all of the sites I do not want them to use in research.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment