Monday, January 19, 2009
Week #6 Technorati and Del.icio.us
I spent a long time last night and today exploring Technorati. I found a good site with Daniel Pink's comments on what students are learning and how Web 2.0 helps them toward that goal. The pluses of Technorati seem to me to be the ability to sift through large amounts of data using tags and keyword searches. One comment that resonated with me in the Daniel Pink post is that the model has always been to publish then filter. I agree with the author that the time has come to filter and then publish. There is an abundance of sites and information out there but in order to get to the good stuff you often have to go through a lot of irrelevant information. This can eat up a lot of time that most working professionals with families don't have. In order to maximize my efficiency I use the social aspect of Del.icio.us by accessing my friends and colleagues sites to see what they have found recently that might enhance my classroom. I think at the moment that is a more efficient use of my limited time. I do go to the Web for new information and Technorati would probably speed that acquisition of new data. I will continue to explore with it and see if another application springs to mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment