There is a such an abundance of information out on the web that you need a purpose to go and get it. I was fortunate to see a post on my library listserv on the Web 2.0 training that was offered. This gave me an incentive and a road map to got through many of the technologies that I had experimented with over the last couple of years. This gave me a deeper look and a time table for accountability. I learned many things, discovered many useful sites and tools and will continue to try to grow my library offerings, my class lesson plans and my life in the Web 2.0 directions.
This week we are exploring online productivity tools. This is a favorite of mine in that it offers the student who does not have Microsoft Office at home to complete assignments at home. We have not had an opportunity to use it to collaborate on a document. We use the wiki for that purpose. I am a big fan of the leelefever CommonCraft Explanations in Plain Engish videos on YouTube. They are easy to understand and simply the explanations tremendously. If you haven't watched one try "wikis in plain english". I think that is the one that got me started.
I am going to try to publish this to my blog so here goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment