Research Word Cloud

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New books for my ongoing list

I just received some new/used books today to add to my "to be read" pile. They are:

How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci : seven steps to genius every day - This was recommended at a workshop by a participant

China Safari : on the trail of Beijing's expansion in Africa - recommended by my son and looked interesting on Amazon

Thirteen R3asons Why - A serious YA book mentioned by other teachers to read because students are so interested

Any good recommendations for me? I have my Shelfari books shown below.

2 comments:

mikebardi said...

What Would Google Do: It explains how Google is redefining the way we do business and live life in general. We should ask ourselves what Google would do in all the situations that we face.

Built to Last: This book explains how every visionary company didn't start with a great idea, but created a strong foundation to build a business upon.

NODwyer said...

I was interested to see "Shanghai Girls" as part of your Shelfari list. I read Lisa See's "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope the new title lives up to expectations.