There is nothing like a good book to pass a hot, humid summer day. I just finished Chandra's Secrets and Thirteen Reasons Why. I enjoyed both of them. Chandra's Secrets was the most moving and highlighted the problem of aids in Africa. It was written from Chandra's perspective on how it affected her family and friends. Chandra is a very strong character who was enjoyable to get to know.
Thirteen Reasons Why was about suicide so it was also serious. It is about a high school girl who commits suicide and then sends audio tapes to the thirteen people who affected her death. I had heard that the teen girls were very interested in it so I thought I would read it. I was glad I did and I think it would make an interesting high school talking book; an introduction to the subject of suicide and relationships in high school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment